Dealing with Anger


Does your life have any doubt with anger or any problem controlling your anger? Don't worry, we all do. There is no wrong or right to angry but I do depends on the reason why we angry.



Well, I personally used to have problem of dealing with my anger. I always lashed out and throw my tantrums around the room when I am angry. I tend to curse other people when I am angry as I couldn't control myself. But I decided to said it out loud and bring it to God, ask him to help me.



For now, I would like to get into strategies to deal with your anger.


Do not let your anger turn into sins. 



Is it possible to not sin when you are angry?


(Ephesians 4:26) “In your anger do not sin Do not let the sun go down while you are still anger" Yes, The verse stated that it is possible not to sin when you are angry. But do not think that all anger are sin.



Did you know that Jesus got angry ? Yet, he never sin. He was angry when he saw all the people were selling and treating his temple like a market. That anger is righteous because the fact that he is angry was because they did something sinful and unrighteous to God. It is okay for us to angry on the certain way, example - you got angry as you heard your friend mocking your parent or your religious. The anger here is called as righteous anger. But do not sin .



If we get angry, we had to know that it doesn't lead to sin.




(Roman 12:21) "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good" 




Therefore we should be cautious so that we won't be overcome by evil and sin when we angry. A lot of time, we put so much passion in our life toward things that we desire and want rather than to God, that when we are exposed to unrighteous anger.


Deal with the sources of your anger



Don't let the anger rule your life yet we never try to figure it out, why is it there? Where do my anger coming from? Why am I angry? Alot of anger in people normally comes from expectation in our own life rather than focusing on God's expectations for us.



I remembered making alot of mistakes on my performance in Church. Well, I was expecting to perform perfectly. That day, I was so angry that I got mad at myself and God as I wasn't expecting to make any mistake. But little did I know that the anger was coming from my expectation instead of God's. I only realised that God only want me to perform for him with all my heart. But I was more concerning about my reputation that had caused me to get angry from making mistakes as my motive were very wrong.



(Proverbs 19:3)
"A man's own folly ruins his life, yet his heart rages against the Lord"



Did you ever get angry at God for something that you yourself did? We did things that could bring harm to ourself yet we blame God for a the things that we did.



(Colossians 3:2-3)
"Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God."



Therefore,we need to focus on him, rather focusing on our own expectation and desire.


Remain in Lord


We know that God had plan to prosper not to harm us. We need to be humble enough to let him help us to seek whatever he want us to seek. Which he is the one we need to seek most.



When he was on the cross, he has every right and authorities to angry us and the people who hung him on the cross but he chose to forgive us! When we remain in the love of Christ, we are grateful for what he had done for us. It allows us to humble ourself and take on the attitude of :



"I don't want to be angry with you, I don't want to hold anything against you because my Lord hung on the cross, he has every right to angry me but he didn't and he wasn't, he forgive me! Instead of sending his wrath, he send his love, his son."



If you ever did look back at you past, you did angry and sins, you felt like you are not forgiven. It is okay. Jesus understand how it feel like to be angry. He didn't sin when he was angry but he knows the emotion.



Today he want to forgive us, our sin. We don't have to meet any standard to receive the forgiveness instead all we need to do is ask for it.



Anger does not have to rule your life or rule IN your life. You already have a friend Jesus who has already forgiving you if you ask for it. Jesus said he did not come to destroy our life but to save our life. Anger want to destroy our life but God want to save it.



We often get angry easily and sin. We are not perfect. God knows that but he want is to set free, give us change of attitude ,change of life and change of heart. The changes is not coming from you trying your best not to get angry or change but it comes from his love entering your heart through Holy Spirit for him to work inside of you. If you have problem with anger, I would like you to confess it to God,  to ask him for help.



Let's pray
"Dear Father, I just want to thank you for everything! God, please enter my heart, please remove any anger or bondage in me! I know I did sin against you by anger but God, I know you are faithful that you can forgive our sins and wash away my impurities white snow. And I believe if we confess our sin before you, we are forgiven.


The anger doesn't have to rule in our life any longer anymore but rather we would get to seek you first that you get to be the ruler of my life. Lord, I just wanna ask you to fill my heart with your love, faithfulness, joy , to lead us and to give us strength.


Thank you for this day and thank you for setting us free!
In Jesus, most precious name we pray, Amen! "



Remember
• Do not let your anger turn into sins.
• Deal with the sources of your anger
• Remain in Lord

-Hamster Monster 🐹

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long term relationship

Notice of migrating !